Creative. Focused. Experienced.
With 9 years of professional IT experience managing Linux and Windows environments and 8 years of Software Development experience in full stack languages I have become a unique technical heavy hitter able to make a clear impact.
What I Do
For back end technologies, I've been leaning more towards microservices (Lambda/Functions) serving out Express or Node API responses.
The technology world is vast, but below is a summary of my experience:
- Databases: MySQL, MSSQL, NoSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Cloud & Microservices: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Infrastructure: Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu), Apache/IIS/Node Servers, Site Reliability
- Git & Product and Project Management: Azure DevOps (VSTS), Github, Atlassian Suite, Asana
- Other Technologies: AD, ADFS, Auth0, Authentication/Authorization, Networking, Firewalls, System Administration
I enjoy a break from the technical world, I believe this has always greatly strengthened my creativity with a fresh clean slate to come back with.
Some of my hobbies and passions outside of my technical expertise are disconnecting from technology entirely, including multi-day backpacking and hiking trips into our great State and National Parks in the United States and around the world.
I also greatly enjoy working with my hands, this includes things such as blacksmithing, woodworking, and leatherwork. I feel that it's very important to practice these artistic interests in my life as it really helps me unleash my creativity, problem solving, and centers my mind.
And of course, central to all this is spending time with my wife and family.